District of Wells is looking for a Groundskeeper. This is a seasonal position from May 15, 2017 - October 20, 2017.
Statement of General Duties: The following are examples of work undertaken by the Groundskeeper;
- General Yard Maintenance
- Whipper Snipping
- Heavy Lifting
How to Apply: Deliver a resume to the attention of the Chief Administrative Officer at the District of Wells before 4:00 pm, Thursday, May 11, 2017. Resumes may be delivered by hand, fax or email.
Information on general duties and how to apply can be found here.
Wells Visitor Information Center
Start your career in tourism with us!
The Wells Visitor Information Center is looking for high energy, friendly students who were in school this past year and are enrolled for next year, to run our information centre from May until early September. Job duties include:
- Greeting and helping visitors from around the world
- Promoting Wells, Bowron, Barkerville and the surrounding area
- Learn about and apply social media skills
- Help develop and initiate marketing for our visitors centre and area
- Keep the visitor centre and area looking sharp to give that great first impression
- Racking brochures and informing visitors of events, warnings and closures
- Management experience for the right individual
- Cash and point of sale experience
All applicants must be enrolled students and under 30 years of age. Relevant experience or related course work is an asset. First Nations, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities are considered priority students and are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Island Mountain Arts
Overview: Island Mountain Arts Society is a non-profit organization based in Wells, BC. We provide emerging and professional arts training, operate a public art gallery and gift shop, and deliver an ongoing series of cultural events including the ArtsWells Festival of All Things Art. We are seeking creative and motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
- ArtsWells Festival Production Assistant
- Summer Program Liaison
- ArtsWells Community Outreach Co-ordinator
- Summer Gallery Program Coordinator
For further information and contact details, please click this link here.
Part Time Employment Opportunity - Accommodation available for right person
A Part time helper is needed at Cariboo Joy R.V. Park in Wells from May 10th for about 2 months. The helper will be working for about 2 hours each day starting at 11 a.m. This position is ideal for a retiree who enjoys light cleaning.
Please phone Joy at 250 994 3463
WorkBC Quesnel Employment Services staffs an Employment Services Centre at the Wells Community Hall. The case manager can assist with training, self-employment benefits, targeted wage subsidy, job search and career decision making.
The office is open Fridays from 10am to 2pm
(250) 992.7691 Monday - Thursday
(250) 994.3335 Friday
BARKERVILLE HERITAGE TRUST
Job title: Casual On-Call SECURITY/LABOURER I; BCGEU union position; Salary grade: $20.80/hr.
The Barkerville Heritage Trust is seeking Casual-on call Security Labourer 1’s to perform security duties;operational duties; and other duties at Barkerville as assigned by the Mgr. Infrastructure, Security & Emergency Preparedness.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities: Requirements needed to perform the job
- Must possess and maintain a valid Security Worker License in British Columbia
- In the absence of a Security Worker License paid training is available through Barkerville
- An understanding of heritage conservation principles as defined in the Standards and Guidelines for Conservation of Historic Places
- Ability to safely operate all power and hand tools as well as gas powered equipment
- An understanding of WCB regulations and BHT safety policies and procedures
- A valid Class 5 British Columbia driver’s license
- A grade twelve education or a recognized equivalency
- Level 3 First aid certification is an asset and will be provided by the employer. At a minimum, Occupational First Aid Level 1 is required and will be provided by the employer.
- Perform all training the Workers Compensation Board deems necessary to fulfill the duties of the position
- Up to date fire prevention and fire suppression paid training provided by the employer
- Up to date Bear Safety/Wildlife paid training provided by the employer
- Excellent public relations skills
- A general knowledge of the history of Barkerville Historic Town
- The ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form
- The ability to perform the duties described within the job description and expectations
Working conditions: physical environment of the job, including on and off site
May be required to wear an approved uniform or appropriate period costume in the performance of duties
Occasional travel, at times in adverse weather conditions as necessary
Required to work outdoors in all weather conditions, including cold, snow and ice
Required to work safely at a height
Snow removal and Janitorial work is required
Work will occasionally require the lifting of objects up to 60 pounds
For more complete information see the full job description & performance expectations on our website at
http://www.barkerville.ca/employment / or if you have any questions
email Reuben.Berlin@barkerville.ca or call Reuben, Mon-Thurs, at 250-994-3332 ext 22
To apply send a cover letter and resume by email, mail or hand deliver to:
Reuben Berlin, Mgr. Infrastructure, Security & Emergency Preparedness, at
Reuben.Berlin@barkerville.ca or deliver to the attention of:
Barkerville Heritage Trust, Box 19, 14301 Hwy. 26 East Barkerville, BC V0K 1B0
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing until filled.