INVITATION TO TENDER GARBAGE COLLECTION
The District of Wells is seeking a contractor to collect local residential and commercial refuse and remove it to the nearby Cariboo Regional District (CRD) transfer station.
Tender documentation is available at the District of Wells Municipal Office, 4243 Sanders Avenue, Wells (PO Box 219, Wells, BC, V0K 2R0) where completed tenders are to be returned no later than 2:00 PM Tuesday, November 21, 2017 when they will be publicly opened.
If approved, collection operations under the contract may commence on December 1, 2017 and shall be for a period terminating on May 31, 2021 with an option to negotiate a two-year extension. The District of Wells reserves the right not to accept the lowest or any quote.
Please direct any enquiries to Andrew Young, Chief Administrative Officer at 250- 994-3330.
Emergency Social Services Director
- Must possess and maintain a valid Security Worker License in British Columbia
- An understanding of heritage conservation principles as defined in the Standards and Guidelines for Conservation of Historic Places
- Ability to safely operate all power and hand tools as well as gas powered equipment
- An understanding of WCB regulations and BHT safety policies and procedures
- A valid Class 5 British Columbia driver’s license
- A grade twelve education or a recognized equivalency
- Level 3 First aid certification is an asset and will be provided by the employer. Casuals must gain certification within 2 years of hire for all new employees. At a minimum, Occupational First Aid Level 1 is required and will be provided by the employer.
- Perform all training the Workers Compensation Board deems necessary to fulfill the duties of the position
- Up to date fire prevention and fire suppression training provided by the employer
- Up to date Bear Safety/Wildlife training provided by the employer
- Excellent public relations skills
- A general knowledge of the history of Barkerville Historic Town
- The ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form
- The ability to perform the duties described within the job description and expectations
- May be required to wear an approved uniform or appropriate period costume in the performance of duties
- Occasional travel, at times in adverse weather conditions as necessary
- Required to work outdoors in all weather conditions, including cold, snow and ice
- Required to work safely at a height
- Work will occasionally require the lifting of objects up to 60 pounds
WorkBC Quesnel Employment Services staffs an Employment Services Centre at the Wells Community Hall. The case manager can assist with training, self-employment benefits, targeted wage subsidy, job search and career decision making.
The office is open Fridays from 10am to 2pm
(250) 992.7691 Monday - Thursday
(250) 994.3335 Friday